Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My garden

So...this whole gardening thing is new to me wince we just moved in. I haven't had outdoor space in quite a few years, so I was so eager to start my own garden and grow some plants. In the fall i planted some tulip and daffodil bulbs that have come up beautifully....most of them. I had two different kinds of tulips and one pack of bulbs must have been bad....becasue I got tons of beautiful Coral pink tulips....and one Purple one. The daffodils look great too and I really have to cut some and bring them inside to enjoy them before they die!


The Daffodils are supposed to be White and Peach...no yellow, so i was upset when these came up
But, they are turning peach...so in a few more days they will be like the package promised!
I also planted tons of Impatiens and a few pansies to see which take better. In front of the house we have a Japanese Maple and some bushes, so i needed to plant some flowers there. I still wasn't sure what the previous owners had in terms of bulbs . The echinacea and black eyed susans were beautiful when we moved in in August, I thought for sure there would be lots of bulbs...but there weren't. So now i know what i'm doing in October!
And I just went out today and planted some strawberry plants.... since I don't eat vegetables and the previous owners had such a beautiful vegetable garden...so we'll see what they turn into!

0 comments: