Tuesday, September 15, 2009

First Day Of Pre K

Last Wednesday was Katie's first day of Pre K and it went wonderfully. She was so excited leading up to it and right up until i went to give her a hug goodbye. She cried a little, but her teacher came over and asked her name and told her how much fun they were going to have. She dried her tears, hugged me and walked away....just walked aweay and got on line to go inside. She was now all smiles and said "Bye Mommy, I'll see you here later" with a big smile! I was so proud. And she came out after class like she was too cool for me. Some of the other kids went running to their moms to be swept up into waiting arms. I stood there waiting...and she slowly sauntered out with an off handed "hi mom." I was trying to stay excited and said, "so, how was your first day? What did you do??" She said "good, we didn't do anything." And that was about all i got. There have been no tears since and every day now when she comes out she tells me they did nothing. And then slowly throughout the rest of the day, i'll get little stories, or songs they learned. She's already made one good friend named Lily. They play together every day, but i'm not sure if that's Katie's doing, or Lily's....but does it matter?


On our way in. In front of the school.
Done for the day





2 comments:

Kristen said...

She is so adorable. I can't believe she's already in school! Love the little backpack.

Karen D'Urso said...

I can't beleive how big she is getting. She also cracks me up!!! I love that she did "nothing"! Awww - I miss her. We should get our girls together again soon...